Working in Theater/Film
- Beth Appel ’05, writer for the HBO Max Series The Sex Lives of College Girls.
- Michael Barakiva ’91, actor, writer, producer. Founder and Creative Director of Novel Readings.
- Baize Buzan ’10, actor, To Kill a Mockingbird.
- Jason Gray Platt ’06, playwright. Has had work produced at Redbull NYC, Actors Theater of Louisville, Playwright’s Horizons, Playwright’s Center, and more.
- Ianthe Demos ’00, director: Artistic Director of OYL theater company, lecturer in directing and acting at Pace School of Performing Arts.
- Gwen Ellis ’08, actor: Featured roles on TV shows like Genius and Madam Secretary.
- Violeta Picayo ’13, actor: Company member with Bedlam, Associate Artist with SITI company, NYTimes feature on Mary Stuart.
- Rachel Christopher ’08, actor: MFA Brown/Trinity Rep, featured in films like Girl on the Train and numerous regional and NYC theaters.
- Lillian Meredith ’07, director: MFA Brooklyn College, artistic director The Motor Company, alum of the Soho Rep Writer/Directors Lab.
- Erika Amato ’91, actor, singer.
- Ethan Slater ’14, actor, writer: Assassins, Edge of the World, Spongebob Squarepants, The Broadway Musical.
- Lilli Cooper ’12, actor: Tootsie, Edge of the World, Spongebob Squarepants, The Broadway Musical.
- Deadria Harrington ’10, producer: Producing Artist Leadership Team, The Movement Company, Associate Director at New Georges.
- Kelindah Bee Schuster ’15, drag performer, radical educator, producer.
- Jason Blum ’91, founder and CEO of Blumhouse Productions.
- John Gatins ’90, screenwriter
Many of our alums have gone on to pursue graduate research in the fields of Theater and Performance Studies.
- Amanda Culp ’09, Vassar College
- Jo Michael Rezes ’18, Tufts University
- Whitney Brady-Guzmán ’18, Tufts University
- Christian Lewis ’17, CUNY Graduate Center
- Charlie O’Malley ’11, Yale School of Drama
- Arianna Gass ’13, University of Chicago
- Conrad Schott ’11, Vassar College
- Alison Matthews ’07, Aberystwyth University
- Li Cornfeld ’06, McGill University
- Ianthe Demos ’00, Pace School of Performing Arts
Careers Outside of Theater
- Aaron Ethan Green ’12, Lighting and Furniture Designer
- Jasmine Brown ’10, Senior Producer at ABC News
- Darice Murphy ’10, Merchandise Brand Strategist at Netflix
- Hannah Adams ’07, Lawyer working for equal housing rights in NOLA
- Jon Bock ’07, Account Executive at Vanguard Communications
- Ari Barbanelle Kassirer ’00, Executive Director at Winter Walk
Appearances in TV Shows and Films
- Kate Abbruzzese ’08
- Kate Thulin ’11
- Ethan Slater ’14
- Gwen Ellis ’08
- Hannah Bos ’00
- Kate Thulin ’11
- Conner Marx 09
Orange is the New Black
- Tanya Wright ’89
- Alysia Reiner ’92
The Plot Against America
- Caroline Kaplan ’07
This is Us
- Christine Hassay ’07