- Trustee Geraldine Laybourne ’69 will be inducted into the 25th Television Academy Hall of Fame Class.
- Filmmaker Noah Baumbach ’91 talked with the New York Times about his latest film, Marriage Story.
- In a New York Times op-ed, psychologist Dave DeSteno ’90 argues that gratitude is "wasted" on Thanksgiving.
- Kariane Calta, Associate Professor of Mathematics and Statistics, teaches in the Bard Prison Program featured in a recently aired Ken Burns/PBS doc.
- Professor Candice Lowe Swift was the subject of a “Professor Spotlight” in Private University Products and News, which detailed the birth of Vassar’s Engaged Pluralism Initiative.
Academics & Faculty
Choose from 48 departments and programs, 51 majors, plus the Independent Program (interdisciplinary “design your own” major).
The Vassar faculty is a diverse community of scholars, artists, writers, scientists, musicians, and thinkers. Learn more about the faculty and their teaching and research interests.
- Admissions & Financial AidA Vassar education opens minds and doors.
Facts & Stats
- Average AID Award$52K
- Varsity Teams 23
- These figures are for the 2018/19 academic year.
We at Vassar are committed to attracting, supporting, and retaining a strong and inclusive campus community.
There are over 1,000 campus-wide events annually. You will find arts-related events sponsored by the departments of Art, Music, Dance, Drama, and Film; exhibitions and events at the Frances Lehman Loeb Art Center, the Palmer Gallery, and the Archives and Special Collections Library; and summer performances at the Powerhouse Theater.