- Outsports celebrated Andy Towle '89's work in gay media. He's retiring after publishing Towleroad for two decades.
- Read the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette story about admitted student Mariah Jones, who rose above a homelessness crisis to achieve excellence.
- A New York Times review calls Adjunct Associate Professor of International Studies Paulina Bren's book The Barbizon: The Hotel That Set Women Free "captivating."
- Professor of Film Mia Mask curated a series of Black westerns for the Criterion Channel.
- The New Yorker interviewed Shaka King ’01 about his widely acclaimed film, Judas and the Black Messiah.
Academics & Faculty
Choose from 48 departments and programs, 51 majors, plus the Independent Program (interdisciplinary “design your own” major).
The Vassar faculty is a diverse community of scholars, artists, writers, scientists, musicians, and thinkers. Learn more about the faculty and their teaching and research interests.
- Admission & Financial AidA Vassar education opens minds and doors.
Facts & Stats
- Average AID Award$56K
- Varsity Teams27
- These figures are for the 2019/20 academic year.
We at Vassar are committed to attracting, supporting, and retaining a strong and inclusive campus community.
There are over 1,000 campus-wide events annually. You will find arts-related events sponsored by the departments of Art, Music, Dance, Drama, and Film; exhibitions and events at the Frances Lehman Loeb Art Center, the Palmer Gallery, and the Archives and Special Collections Library; and summer performances at the Powerhouse Theater.