- Associate Professor of Political Science Luke Harris spoke to the Wall Street Journal about the debate over critical race theory.
- “One Art,” a poem by Elizabeth Bishop ’34, is the subject of a New York Times “Close Read” feature.
- Recording artist and Neon Gold Records co-founder Lizzy Plapinger ’10 spoke to American Songwriter about starting her record label in her Vassar dorm room.
- The Fulbright Program hosted a special event to kick off Pride Month featuring Sasha Velour ’09—a 2009 Fulbright U.S. Student to Russia and winner of RuPaul’s Drag Race season 9.
- Spectrum News 1 interviewed President Elizabeth Bradley about a $1.1 million state grant Vassar will receive to construct the Hudson Valley’s most energy-efficient building and to teach students and community members about going green.
Academics & Faculty
Choose from 48 departments and programs, 51 majors, plus the Independent Program (interdisciplinary “design your own” major).
The Vassar faculty is a diverse community of scholars, artists, writers, scientists, musicians, and thinkers. Learn more about the faculty and their teaching and research interests.Explore
Facts & Stats
- Average AID Award
- Varsity Teams
These figures are for the 2019/20 academic year.
We at Vassar are committed to attracting, supporting, and retaining a strong and inclusive campus community.Engage
There are over 1,000 campus-wide events annually. You will find arts-related events sponsored by the departments of Art, Music, Dance, Drama, and Film; exhibitions and events at the Frances Lehman Loeb Art Center, the Palmer Gallery, and the Archives and Special Collections Library.Experience