- Transitions director Capria Berry talks to U.S. News about helping low-income and first-generation students find community.
- WAMC reports on a new Vassar-Columbia University partnership enabling students to earn a master’s degree in public health.
- WAMC interviewed dancer and photographer Steve Caras about his upcoming gallery show and residency at Vassar.
- Brewmasters Carlisle Schaeffer ’14 and Sam Wagner ’13 are profiled in Connecticut magazine.
- Lila Nordstrom ’06 is featured in a documentary about 9/11 and Stuyvesant High students who were blocks away when the towers fell.
Academics & Faculty
Choose from 48 departments and programs, 51 majors, plus the Independent Program (interdisciplinary “design your own” major).
The Vassar faculty is a diverse community of scholars, artists, writers, scientists, musicians, and thinkers. Learn more about the faculty and their teaching and research interests.
- Admissions & Financial AidA Vassar education opens minds and doors.
Facts & Stats
- Average AID Award$52K
- Varsity Teams 23
- These figures are for the 2018/19 academic year.
- The beautiful Hudson River is the home for Vassar Rowing, and the men’s and women’s teams are ready to move faster. The Brewers compete in the spring and fall traveling to top events from Boston, to Saratoga, to Philadelphia. The 2019 portion of their schedule showed steady improvement and the promise of a bright future.
- Tweets by VassarAthletics
We at Vassar are committed to attracting, supporting, and retaining a strong and inclusive campus community.
There are over 1,000 campus-wide events annually. You will find arts-related events sponsored by the departments of Art, Music, Dance, Drama, and Film; exhibitions and events at the Frances Lehman Loeb Art Center, the Palmer Gallery, and the Archives and Special Collections Library; and summer performances at the Powerhouse Theater.