- Tony Award-winning composer and sound designer Fitz Patton ’88 was nominated again, this time for Best Original Score for his work on "The Rose Tattoo."
- Professor of Film Mia Mask reveals how movies, TV, and food labels push racist stereotypes on Matter of Fact with Soledad O'Brien.
- Author and poet Jubi Arriola-Headley ’91 was interviewed by PEN America about writing poetry, inspiration, getting published, and his first collection of poems.
- Sophia Corwin '23 was interviewed by WGBH-Boston about how clear masks can help those who are hearing impaired during COVID.
- In the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette, Anna Horner ’00 of the United Nation’s World Food Programme describes the moment she found out that her organization had won the 2020 Nobel Peace Prize.
Academics & Faculty
Choose from 48 departments and programs, 51 majors, plus the Independent Program (interdisciplinary “design your own” major).
The Vassar faculty is a diverse community of scholars, artists, writers, scientists, musicians, and thinkers. Learn more about the faculty and their teaching and research interests.
- Admission & Financial AidA Vassar education opens minds and doors.
Facts & Stats
- Average AID Award$56K
- Varsity Teams27
- These figures are for the 2019/20 academic year.
- Vassar’s intercollegiate athletics program provides students with competition in 23 varsity sports and an additional four intercollegiate club teams, including women’s rugby, winners of the 2018 national championship. The college also has an extensive intramural program, and all students have access to state-of-the-art training facilities and playing venues. Learn more.
- Tweets by VassarAthletics
We at Vassar are committed to attracting, supporting, and retaining a strong and inclusive campus community.
There are over 1,000 campus-wide events annually. You will find arts-related events sponsored by the departments of Art, Music, Dance, Drama, and Film; exhibitions and events at the Frances Lehman Loeb Art Center, the Palmer Gallery, and the Archives and Special Collections Library; and summer performances at the Powerhouse Theater.