- “Are You Experienced?” a short story by David Means, Visiting Associate Professor of English, was just published in the New Yorker.
- “Down by the Hudson,” a photography collection by Caleb Stein ’17, was featured in Vogue’s Italian edition.
- Sherrilyn Ifill ’84, who heads the NAACP Legal Defense and Educational Fund, spoke about the passing of U.S. Representative Elijah Cummings on NPR’s Morning Edition.
- Author Daphne Kalotay ’92 talks about the personal nature of war and her family’s history as Holocaust survivors and refugees with WBUR Boston.
- The Poughkeepsie Journal showcases the Art Center’s extraordinary photography exhibition Shape of Light
Academics & Faculty
Choose from 48 departments and programs, 51 majors, plus the Independent Program (interdisciplinary “design your own” major).
The Vassar faculty is a diverse community of scholars, artists, writers, scientists, musicians, and thinkers. Learn more about the faculty and their teaching and research interests.
- Admissions & Financial AidA Vassar education opens minds and doors.
Facts & Stats
- Average AID Award$52K
- Varsity Teams 23
- These figures are for the 2018/19 academic year.
- The beautiful Hudson River is the home for Vassar Rowing, and the men’s and women’s teams are ready to move faster. The Brewers compete in the spring and fall traveling to top events from Boston, to Saratoga, to Philadelphia. The 2019 portion of their schedule showed steady improvement and the promise of a bright future.
- Tweets by VassarAthletics
We at Vassar are committed to attracting, supporting, and retaining a strong and inclusive campus community.
There are over 1,000 campus-wide events annually. You will find arts-related events sponsored by the departments of Art, Music, Dance, Drama, and Film; exhibitions and events at the Frances Lehman Loeb Art Center, the Palmer Gallery, and the Archives and Special Collections Library; and summer performances at the Powerhouse Theater.