James Mundy ’74, the Anne Hendricks Bass Director of the Frances Lehman Loeb Art Center, will retire in June 2019
- Professor Mia Mask Interviewed in Washington Post Article, “In the Black Lives Matter era, Hollywood stories tackle the ‘identity crisis’ of black police officers”
- History Professor Mita Choudhury talks with Allison Dunne at WAMC Radio about the Kavanaugh hearings and how privilege and entitlement are used to silence sexual assault allegations.
- A lecture by Roxane Gay, who wrote Bad Feminist, Vassar’s common reading for the class of 2022, was covered in a Poughkeepsie Journal story.
- Betty Maguire ’41 was mentioned in an Observer-Reporter article about Women Accepted for Volunteer Emergency Service uniforms from World War II.
- Playwright, actor, and performance artist Yael Haskal ’19 was mentioned in a Register Citizen story about writers welcomed to Torrington’s International Playwrights Festival.
Academics & Faculty
Choose from 48 departments and programs, 51 majors, plus the Independent Program (interdisciplinary “design your own” major).
The Vassar faculty is a diverse community of scholars, artists, writers, scientists, musicians, and thinkers. Learn More about the faculty and their teaching and research interests.
- Admissions & Financial AidA Vassar education opens minds and doors.
- Average AID Award50.8K
- Varsity Teams 23
Vassar fields 23 varsity and 4 varsity club teams and is a member of the NCAA Division III and the Liberty League. Student‑athletes at Vassar are as committed to achieving excellence on the playing field as they are in the classroom. The Brewers routinely compete for conference championships and NCAA berths, and our student-athletes are well represented on All-American teams.
We at Vassar are committed to attracting, supporting, and retaining a strong and inclusive campus community. Learn More
There are over 1,000 campus-wide events annually. You will find arts-related events sponsored by the departments of Art, Music, Dance, Drama, and Film; exhibitions and events at the Frances Lehman Loeb Art Center, the Palmer Gallery, and the Archives and Special Collections Library; and summer performances at the Powerhouse Theater.