- Jamshed Barucha ’78, Vice Chancellor of SRM Amaravati University, wrote about the benefits of active learning in India Today.
- Vassar’s Urban Education Initiative received a generous $2.25 million gift, as noted by the Mid-Hudson News.
- The Guardian spoke with lawyer Carrie Goldberg ’99 about her work representing sexual assault and revenge porn victims, and her new book, Nobody’s Victim.
- Tanya Odom ’92, a global consultant, coach, and writer, talked with Entrepreneur about her work and her life.
- Bryan W. Van Norden, James Monroe Taylor Chair in Philosophy, won the American Philosophical Association’s 2019 Public Philosophy Op-Ed Contest for his New York Times essay “The Ignorant Do Not Have a Right to an Audience.”
Academics & Faculty
Choose from 48 departments and programs, 51 majors, plus the Independent Program (interdisciplinary “design your own” major).
The Vassar faculty is a diverse community of scholars, artists, writers, scientists, musicians, and thinkers. Learn more about the faculty and their teaching and research interests.
- Admissions & Financial AidA Vassar education opens minds and doors.
Facts & Stats
- Average AID Award$52K
- Varsity Teams 23
- These figures are for the 2018/19 academic year.
- The beautiful Hudson River is the home for Vassar Rowing, and the men’s and women’s teams are ready to move faster. The Brewers compete in the spring and fall traveling to top events from Boston, to Saratoga, to Philadelphia. The 2019 portion of their schedule showed steady improvement and the promise of a bright future.
- Tweets by VassarAthletics
We at Vassar are committed to attracting, supporting, and retaining a strong and inclusive campus community.
There are over 1,000 campus-wide events annually. You will find arts-related events sponsored by the departments of Art, Music, Dance, Drama, and Film; exhibitions and events at the Frances Lehman Loeb Art Center, the Palmer Gallery, and the Archives and Special Collections Library; and summer performances at the Powerhouse Theater.