- Texas Public Radio highlights Texas A&M Professor Andrea Roberts ’96’s research on freedom colonies built by African Americans.
- On C-Span, Rebecca Edwards, Professor of History on the Eloise Ellery Chair, talks about how 19th-century political parties viewed gender, race, and shifting family dynamics.
- After the announcement of this year’s Academy Award nominations, Professor Mia Mask speaks with WAMC’s 51% about women in the film industry.
- Biology professor Megan Gall talks to NPR’s Morning Edition about how hungry deer may be changing the acoustics of their forest ecosystems.
- The film Driveways by Hannah Bos and Paul Thureen (both ’00) was lauded in the Hollywood Reporter. It premiered at the Berlin International Film Festival.
Academics & Faculty
Choose from 48 departments and programs, 51 majors, plus the Independent Program (interdisciplinary “design your own” major).
The Vassar faculty is a diverse community of scholars, artists, writers, scientists, musicians, and thinkers. Learn more about the faculty and their teaching and research interests.
- Admissions & Financial AidA Vassar education opens minds and doors.
- Average AID Award$52,171
- Varsity Teams 23
- These figures are for the 2018/19 academic year.
Vassar fields 23 varsity and 4 varsity club teams and is a member of the NCAA Division III and the Liberty League. Student‑athletes at Vassar are as committed to achieving excellence on the playing field as they are in the classroom.
- Tweets by VassarAthletics
We at Vassar are committed to attracting, supporting, and retaining a strong and inclusive campus community.
There are over 1,000 campus-wide events annually. You will find arts-related events sponsored by the departments of Art, Music, Dance, Drama, and Film; exhibitions and events at the Frances Lehman Loeb Art Center, the Palmer Gallery, and the Archives and Special Collections Library; and summer performances at the Powerhouse Theater.