- President Bradley explores higher education’s role in addressing the national crises of COVID‑19 and racial injustice.
- Danushi Fernando, Director of Vassar’s LGBTQ and Gender Resources, speaks with The New York Times about the challenges LGBTQ youth face during the pandemic.
- In a segment on the podcast Making The Call, President Bradley discusses planning for the return to on-campus learning in the fall.
- Mrinalini Somani ’23’s efforts organizing WE concerts to benefit impoverished children in her hometown of Mumbai was covered by MTI News in India.
- Assistant Professor of Astronomy Colette Salyk was quoted in a Hubblesite announcement about her team using NASA’s Hubble Telescope to view nascent stars resembling flapping “bat wings.”
Academics & Faculty
Choose from 48 departments and programs, 51 majors, plus the Independent Program (interdisciplinary “design your own” major).
The Vassar faculty is a diverse community of scholars, artists, writers, scientists, musicians, and thinkers. Learn more about the faculty and their teaching and research interests.
- Admission & Financial AidA Vassar education opens minds and doors.
Facts & Stats
- Average AID Award$56K
- Varsity Teams27
- These figures are for the 2019/20 academic year.
- Two members of the Vassar men’s volleyball squad were honored by the American Volleyball Coaches Association (AVCA) Monday morning, with senior Kevin Ros ’20 (Bridgewater, NJ) and first-year Gavin van Beveren ’23 (Alpharetta, GA) being named Men’s Division III All-Americans. Read more.
- Tweets by VassarAthletics
We at Vassar are committed to attracting, supporting, and retaining a strong and inclusive campus community.
There are over 1,000 campus-wide events annually. You will find arts-related events sponsored by the departments of Art, Music, Dance, Drama, and Film; exhibitions and events at the Frances Lehman Loeb Art Center, the Palmer Gallery, and the Archives and Special Collections Library; and summer performances at the Powerhouse Theater.