- Sherrilyn Ifil ‘84, who heads the NAACP-LDF, discusses the response to the death of George Floyd on the PBS Newshour.
- In the New York Times, Mary Retta ’20 shares her disappointment about not having an in-person graduation ceremony, but admits there are some “pros.”
- Wendy Freedman, who directs Vassar’s counseling service, talks about helping students cope with the COVID crisis in Hudson Valley Magazine.
- Professor of History Rebecca Edwards’s book is quoted in New York Times columnist Charles Blow’s latest opinion piece prompted by a racially motivated incident in Central Park.
- Andrea Roberts ’96 is quoted in a Chronicle of Higher Education article on the challenges facing women in academia during the pandemic.
Academics & Faculty
Choose from 48 departments and programs, 51 majors, plus the Independent Program (interdisciplinary “design your own” major).
The Vassar faculty is a diverse community of scholars, artists, writers, scientists, musicians, and thinkers. Learn more about the faculty and their teaching and research interests.
- Admission & Financial AidA Vassar education opens minds and doors.
Facts & Stats
- Average AID Award$52K
- Varsity Teams 23
- These figures are for the 2018/19 academic year.
- Two members of the Vassar men’s volleyball squad were honored by the American Volleyball Coaches Association (AVCA) Monday morning, with senior Kevin Ros ’20 (Bridgewater, NJ) and first-year Gavin van Beveren ’23 (Alpharetta, GA) being named Men’s Division III All-Americans. Read more.
- Tweets by VassarAthletics
We at Vassar are committed to attracting, supporting, and retaining a strong and inclusive campus community.
There are over 1,000 campus-wide events annually. You will find arts-related events sponsored by the departments of Art, Music, Dance, Drama, and Film; exhibitions and events at the Frances Lehman Loeb Art Center, the Palmer Gallery, and the Archives and Special Collections Library; and summer performances at the Powerhouse Theater.