- Professor Peipei Qiu’s research on the subject of WWII “comfort women” referenced by NBCNews.
- When Supreme Court Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg needed a lobectomy in December, she trusted thoracic surgeon Dr. Valerie Rusch ’71 to perform the surgery
- The novel Immigrant, Montana, by Amitava Kumar, Helen D. Lockwood Professor of English, was recently included on President Obama's "Best of 2018" list.
- On NPR's All Things Considered, Professor of Film Mia Mask comments on the "fiercest" women characters in cinema in 2018.
- Entertainment Tonight recommends Project Blue Book, a series inspired by real UFO investigations in the 1950s and ’60s. Created by David O'Leary ’02, it premieres January 8.
Academics & Faculty
Choose from 48 departments and programs, 51 majors, plus the Independent Program (interdisciplinary “design your own” major).
The Vassar faculty is a diverse community of scholars, artists, writers, scientists, musicians, and thinkers. Learn More about the faculty and their teaching and research interests.
- Admissions & Financial AidA Vassar education opens minds and doors.
- Average AID Award50.8K
- Varsity Teams 23
Vassar fields 23 varsity and 4 varsity club teams and is a member of the NCAA Division III and the Liberty League. Student‑athletes at Vassar are as committed to achieving excellence on the playing field as they are in the classroom.
- Tweets by VassarAthletics
We at Vassar are committed to attracting, supporting, and retaining a strong and inclusive campus community.
There are over 1,000 campus-wide events annually. You will find arts-related events sponsored by the departments of Art, Music, Dance, Drama, and Film; exhibitions and events at the Frances Lehman Loeb Art Center, the Palmer Gallery, and the Archives and Special Collections Library; and summer performances at the Powerhouse Theater.