- Atlantic Staff Writer Adam Serwer ’05 examines the roots of white nationalism in the U.S. on NPR.
- MidHudson News reported on Lt. Governor Kathy Hochul’s visit to campus to introduce Governor Cuomo’s 2019 Women’s Justice Agenda.
- The UC Santa Cruz Newscenter reports on podcaster Barry Lam's residency in the humanities.
- Alumna Lucinda Franks and Vassar Haiti Project cofounders were interviewed about VHP’s upcoming Art & Soul Gala to support healthcare in rural Haiti.
- WNYC’s “All Things Considered” Interview Professors Mia Mask and Hiram Perez about Passing, Identity and Conference on the Topics.
Academics & Faculty
Choose from 48 departments and programs, 51 majors, plus the Independent Program (interdisciplinary “design your own” major).
The Vassar faculty is a diverse community of scholars, artists, writers, scientists, musicians, and thinkers. Learn more about the faculty and their teaching and research interests.
- Admissions & Financial AidA Vassar education opens minds and doors.
Facts & Stats
- Average AID Award$52K
- Varsity Teams 23
- These figures are for the 2018/19 academic year.
Vassar College rugby provides a unique experience for women and men. The women's team had an extraordinary 2018 season—they were unbeaten and crowned USA Rugby national champions! The men's team had 15 winning seasons over the last 16 years and repeatedly reached the playoffs. Part of the Vassar rugby experience includes overseas tours—most recently to Spain.
- Tweets by VassarAthletics
We at Vassar are committed to attracting, supporting, and retaining a strong and inclusive campus community.
There are over 1,000 campus-wide events annually. You will find arts-related events sponsored by the departments of Art, Music, Dance, Drama, and Film; exhibitions and events at the Frances Lehman Loeb Art Center, the Palmer Gallery, and the Archives and Special Collections Library; and summer performances at the Powerhouse Theater.