- Sherrilyn Ifill ’84, head of the NAACP Legal Defense and Educational Fund, joined a Washington Post panel discussion on allyship between African American and Asian communities in the fight against systemic racism.
- NAACP-LDF's Sherrilyn Ifill '84 appointed to Presidential Commission on the Supreme Court.
- Associate Professor of Computer Science Marc Smith talks about the lasting legacy of the "Queen of Code," Grace Hopper '28, in this Honeypot Explains... video.
- Research by Shelby Pumphrey, a Mellon Postdoctoral Fellow in African American history at Vassar, was featured in a Washington Post article about a Virginia mental institution for black patients.
- Lilah Lichtman ’25 was interviewed by Bloomberg about her decision to attend Vassar.
Academics & Faculty
Choose from 48 departments and programs, 51 majors, plus the Independent Program (interdisciplinary “design your own” major).
The Vassar faculty is a diverse community of scholars, artists, writers, scientists, musicians, and thinkers. Learn more about the faculty and their teaching and research interests.
- Admission & Financial AidA Vassar education opens minds and doors.
Facts & Stats
- Average AID Award$56K
- Varsity Teams27
- These figures are for the 2019/20 academic year.
We at Vassar are committed to attracting, supporting, and retaining a strong and inclusive campus community.
There are over 1,000 campus-wide events annually. You will find arts-related events sponsored by the departments of Art, Music, Dance, Drama, and Film; exhibitions and events at the Frances Lehman Loeb Art Center, the Palmer Gallery, and the Archives and Special Collections Library; and summer performances at the Powerhouse Theater.