- Vassar made the Chronicle of Higher Education’s list of private nonprofit colleges that have the largest increases in Pell Grant recipients.
- Pres. Bradley and Prof. Michele Tugade penned an essay on Global Health for Thrive Global.
- Bart Thurber, recently hired as director of the Art Center, talks about his plans for the museum on WAMC's Midday Magazine.
- In the Diplomat, Assistant Professor of History Wayne Soon on what history can teach us about the coronavirus.
- 5 Facts about Ethan Zohn ’96, who returns to the new season of Survivor for Round 3.
Academics & Faculty
Choose from 48 departments and programs, 51 majors, plus the Independent Program (interdisciplinary “design your own” major).
The Vassar faculty is a diverse community of scholars, artists, writers, scientists, musicians, and thinkers. Learn more about the faculty and their teaching and research interests.
- Admissions & Financial AidA Vassar education opens minds and doors.
Facts & Stats
- Average AID Award$52K
- Varsity Teams 23
- These figures are for the 2018/19 academic year.
We at Vassar are committed to attracting, supporting, and retaining a strong and inclusive campus community.
There are over 1,000 campus-wide events annually. You will find arts-related events sponsored by the departments of Art, Music, Dance, Drama, and Film; exhibitions and events at the Frances Lehman Loeb Art Center, the Palmer Gallery, and the Archives and Special Collections Library; and summer performances at the Powerhouse Theater.