- Paula Williams Madison '74 and a group of Black women executives were interviewed by NBC4 Los Angeles, as they celebrated Kamala Harris's swearing in as Vice President.
- Sherrilyn Ifill ’84 of the NAACP announced a $40 million scholarship program to fund a new generation of civil rights lawyers.
- Congrats to Sherrilyn Ifill '84, head of the NAACP Legal Defense and Education Fund, named 2020 Attorney of the Year by The American Lawyer.
- Producer Jason Blum ’91 weighed in on WarnerMedia’s controversial movie-release plan in an interview on KCRW’s The Business with Kim Masters.
Academics & Faculty
Choose from 48 departments and programs, 51 majors, plus the Independent Program (interdisciplinary “design your own” major).
The Vassar faculty is a diverse community of scholars, artists, writers, scientists, musicians, and thinkers. Learn more about the faculty and their teaching and research interests.
- Admission & Financial AidA Vassar education opens minds and doors.
Facts & Stats
- Average AID Award$56K
- Varsity Teams27
- These figures are for the 2019/20 academic year.
- Vassar’s intercollegiate athletics program provides students with competition in 23 varsity sports and an additional four intercollegiate club teams, including women’s rugby, winners of the 2018 national championship. The college also has an extensive intramural program, and all students have access to state-of-the-art training facilities and playing venues. Learn more.
- Tweets by VassarAthletics
We at Vassar are committed to attracting, supporting, and retaining a strong and inclusive campus community.
There are over 1,000 campus-wide events annually. You will find arts-related events sponsored by the departments of Art, Music, Dance, Drama, and Film; exhibitions and events at the Frances Lehman Loeb Art Center, the Palmer Gallery, and the Archives and Special Collections Library; and summer performances at the Powerhouse Theater.