- In the Diplomat, Assistant Professor of History Wayne Soon on what history can teach us about the coronavirus.
- 5 Facts about Ethan Zohn '96, who returns to the new season of Survivor for Round 3.
- Leslie Chihuly '83 quoted in an Artsy article about the legacy of glass artist Dale Chihuly, her spouse.
- In this New York Times Magazine article, Professor of History Maria Höhn talks about the Jim Crow laws that faced African American troops after WWII.
- The art of Harry Roseman, Professor of Art on the Isabelle Hyman Chair, was the subject of a Hyperallergic story.
Academics & Faculty
Choose from 48 departments and programs, 51 majors, plus the Independent Program (interdisciplinary “design your own” major).
The Vassar faculty is a diverse community of scholars, artists, writers, scientists, musicians, and thinkers. Learn more about the faculty and their teaching and research interests.
- Admissions & Financial AidA Vassar education opens minds and doors.
Facts & Stats
- Average AID Award$52K
- Varsity Teams 23
- These figures are for the 2018/19 academic year.
We at Vassar are committed to attracting, supporting, and retaining a strong and inclusive campus community.
There are over 1,000 campus-wide events annually. You will find arts-related events sponsored by the departments of Art, Music, Dance, Drama, and Film; exhibitions and events at the Frances Lehman Loeb Art Center, the Palmer Gallery, and the Archives and Special Collections Library; and summer performances at the Powerhouse Theater.