Departments and Programs
Vassar offers students a choice of four ways to proceed toward a degree which embodies an education that is personally significant. They are: concentration in a department; an interdepartmental program; a multidisciplinary program; or an individually tailored course of study in the independent program.
- Athletics and Physical Education
- Chinese and Japanese
- Cognitive Science
- Computer Science
- Earth Science and Geography
- French and Francophone Studies
- German Studies
- Greek and Roman Studies
- Hispanic Studies
- Mathematics and Statistics
- Physics and Astronomy
- Political Science
- Psychological Science
- Russian Studies
- InterdepartmentalInterdepartmental programs are concentrations in which the concerns of two or more academic departments come together, under the supervision of participating faculty members.
- MultidisciplinaryMultidisciplinary programs concentrates on a single problem or series of problems that cannot be approached by one discipline alone.
- The Independent ProgramAvailable to students who wish to elect an interdisciplinary field of concentration that is not provided by one of the regular departments, interdepartmental concentrations, or multidisciplinary programs.
- Accelerated and Dual Degree Programs