February 16, 2023
I am sorry to have to share some very sad news. Today, I was notified that Luca Rader, a student on leave from the Class of 2025 and from Los Angeles, California, has passed away.
The loss of a student so suddenly and unexpectedly is profoundly upsetting, and our community mourns this life cut short. We express our deep condolences to Luca’s family and friends at this time. A gathering for remembrance will be held tomorrow at Pratt House at 4:00 p.m.
Please make time to take care of yourselves and to reach out and be present with each other. If you or someone else needs support, additional resources are listed below.
- The Counselor on Call is available 24/7 at (845) 437-7333.
- The Counseling Service also offers walk-in hours Monday–Friday (1:00–4:00 p.m.—please call or email ahead to reserve a time) firstname.lastname@example.org (845) 437-5700
- The CARE Office is available at email@example.com or (845)-437-7825
- For academic assistance, please get in touch with the Dean of Studies office at (845) 437-5255
- Members of the Dean of College area, led by Deans Alamo (firstname.lastname@example.org), Speers (email@example.com), and Inoa (firstname.lastname@example.org) are also available to meet with students who would like to connect for additional support.
Faculty, administrator, staff resources:
- Employee Assistance Program, 1-800-828-6025, https://humanresources.vassar.
- Free access to counseling from Healthiest You: https://offices.vassar.edu/
- Dutchess County Helpline: Call or text 845-485-9700
- Crisis Textline: Text HOME to 741741
Again, I am so sorry to have to share this news. Please take care, and be in touch if you need support of any kind.
Elizabeth H. Bradley, President
Poughkeepsie, NY 12604