Updated Masking Protocols
October 29, 2021
I am writing with some updates on indoor masking protocols on campus. As you have seen on the Vassar dashboard, 99% of everyone who can be vaccinated on our campus has been vaccinated, and the number of COVID-19 cases remains generally low. The prevalence of COVID-19 in Dutchess County is also slowly declining.
Based on this experience, we are relaxing the indoor masking requirements in the following ways:
- Vaccinated speakers invited to campus to give a lecture may unmask to give their lecture as long as they remain six feet or more away from the audience. All members of the audience must continue to wear masks.
- Vaccinated faculty, students, or invited guests in class who are giving a presentation or lecture may remove their mask while they present as long as they remain six feet away from everyone else in the class. Otherwise, all must continue to mask in classes.
- Vaccinated employees, including faculty, may unmask indoors with other employees in groups of 15 or less, as long as everyone in the group agrees.
- Vaccinated students when inside their residences and dormitories may unmask in groups of 15 or less, as long as everyone in the group agrees.
- Other than in the instances of points 1 and 2 above, in groups of any size indoors that include both non-employee students and employees including faculty, masks continue to be required regardless of vaccination status.
- We will continue to require masks (other than for the presenter/lecturer who is vaccinated and remains six feet away) for all students and faculty in classes.
Thank you for your continued efforts to keep our community safe and healthy.
Elizabeth H. Bradley, President
Poughkeepsie, NY 12604