Become a Film Major

You can begin the declaration process after taking at least one course in the Film Department.

Reach out to the assistant, associate, or full professor who you'd like to have as your advisor.

Download and fill out a draft of the Major or Correlate declaration form:

Film Major Concentration Form
Declaration of Film Correlate

Note: this form is meant to serve as proof of concept and as an internal planning document, so it is important to fill out all sections through your senior year. The document is not a contract and we expect some of your plans will change as you progress through your time at Vassar.

When you meet with your advisor, bring the major or correlate declaration form with you to correct any errors and finalize together.

Once you and your advisor have signed off on the form, have the department chair sign it and bring it to the Film Department office at 108 VCDF to receive your welcome to the Major or Correlate gift.

After you have dropped off the department form at 108 VCDF, fill out the College's major or correlate declaration form on the registrar's website and submit it online to ensure your declaration is properly recorded with all College offices.