Updates to the Vassar Travel Program
We continue to monitor the COVID outbreak, as well as current political conditions in Europe, with the safety of our travelers of the utmost importance. As we make our plans, we look forward to hearing from you regarding destinations and trip themes you’d like to explore and faculty members you’d like to travel with. Please contact Susan Quade, Senior Associate Director of Regional and International Programs and the Vassar Travel Program, via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our first confirmed trip for 2022 will be:
Island Life in Ancient Greece: An Aegean Odyssey
October 15-23, 2022
Vassar Host: Barbara Olsen
Associate Professor of Greek and Roman Studies
Cruise round trip Athens aboard the Five-Star small ship Le Bougainville. The ship has 92 elegant suites and staterooms, all with private balconies. Tour highlights will include:
- Uniquely created seven-night cruise itinerary
- Visit up to eight UNESCO World Heritage sites showcasing the culture and architecture of Ancient Greece.
- Call on islands steeped in myth and history—Delos, Mykonos, Pátmos, Santorini, Rhodes and the Peloponnese Peninsula
- Walk through the fabled Lion Gate of the legendary city of Mycenae.
- Explore the monumental ruins of the Sanctuary of Asklepios in historic Epidaurus.
- Enjoy guided tours, plus free time to explore on your own.
- Athens Pre-Program Option and Delphi and Thebes Post-Program Option.
Your host, Barbara Olsen, is a Classics scholar. She specializes in Greek history and archaeology, especially in the study of women in the ancient world.
For more information, please contact Thomas P. Gohagan & Co. at (312) 609-1140.
The Vassar Travel Program is now offering quality travel insurance to all our travelers. After much research we selected Meyer and Associates. Meyer and Associates have been in the insurance business for more than 40 years, and they come highly recommended by our peer institutions.
Of course, the choice of whether to purchase insurance is yours, but the Vassar Travel Program wants to make sure each Vassar traveler is offered quality insurance. We believe it is very important to protect your travel investment. Meyer and Associates offers a wide range of insurance options, but we strongly urge travelers to purchase the package that offers trip cancellation coverage at the minimum.