Plans for Summer 2023
The health and safety of everyone on campus is paramount, and we recognize that physical, mental, and social health all contribute importantly to the Vassar experience.
The World Health Organization no longer considers COVID a public health emergency of international concern. Consistent with local, state, and federal public health guidelines, Vassar will be shifting its COVID-19 policies as well.
Effective June 1, 2023:
- COVID-19 vaccination and annual booster are strongly recommended but not required for employees, including faculty, and students starting at Vassar on or after June 1.
- Masking is voluntary throughout campus.
- The COVID-19 dashboard will no longer be updated.
- If you have COVID-19 or flu-like symptoms, get tested for COVID-19 immediately.
- If you test positive for COVID-19, please be in touch with Vassar Health Service immediately. These services will provide specific public health and medical advice to support the health and safety of the community and of you.
As always, Health Service and the Accessibility and Educational Opportunity (AEO) staff are available to ensure that students with compromised immune systems and other risk factors are supported and able to thrive at Vassar. Human Resources and the Dean of Faculty office are available for employees, including faculty, who may need medical accommodations.