COVID-19 Dashboard (Spring)
The dashboard is updated daily. Spring semester data as of February 1, 2021.
Last updated on March 4, 2021.
Current Status: Stable, Low Risk
Status based on a 7-day positivity rolling average.
Total Tests9,442 spring semester to date
New Tests301 since yesterday
Total Student Cases57 spring semester to date
New Student Cases3 since yesterday
Total Employee Cases9 spring semester to date
New Employee Cases1 since yesterday
Total Active Cases On Campus14
Total Active Cases Off Campus4
Vassar Percentage Positive Results0.90% 7-day running average of % of tests that have a positive result
Dutchess County Percentage Positive Results3.7% 7-day rolling average of Dutchess County percentage positive results (aka Infection Rate)
New York Forward Percentage Positive Results By County Dashboard
(Please select Dutchess County or scroll down to see the specific results)
Active Cases at Vassar
- Testing Strategy
- We required a pre-arrival negative COVID-19 PCR test result within 7 days of move-in; students were tested in the first two days of arrival, and then 5-7 days later, and again 14 days later. Periodicity of subsequent testing may be every two weeks or monthly, or more often, depending on campus and community epidemiologic data at that time.
- Lag Time
- Current lag time is generally 24 to 48 hours, with some exceptions of 72 hours.
- Test results reflect Vassar-administered diagnostic tests.
- “Cases” reflect anyone with a positive diagnostic test result.
- Active Cases
- “Active Cases” reflect students currently in isolation at Vassar with a positive diagnostic test result or an employee currently not reporting to work because of a positive diagnostic test result. "Active Cases Off Campus" excludes students studying remotely.
- Employee Count
- Employee count includes family members of employees living with them on campus.
Fall semester totals reflect the period of August 17, 2020 through January 31, 2021.