COVID-19 Dashboard (Spring)
The dashboard is updated daily at 10 am. Spring semester data as of February 1, 2021.
Last updated on May 8, 2021.
Current Status: Stable, Low Risk
Status based on a 7-day positivity rolling average.
Students*84% since yesterday
This count (updated daily) reflects the percentage of the 2,100 students on campus who have self-reported receiving either one or two vaccine doses (depending on vaccine type).
*Beginning June 8, all Vassar students will be required to be vaccinated.
Employees63% since last month
This count (updated monthly) reflects the percentage of the approximately 1,175 employees who have self-reported receiving either one or two vaccine doses (depending on vaccine type).
Total Tests19,221 spring semester to date
New Tests187 since yesterday
Total Student Cases105 spring semester to date
New Student Cases0 since yesterday
Total Employee Cases27 spring semester to date
New Employee Cases0 since yesterday
Total Active Cases On Campus4
Total Active Cases Off Campus3
Vassar Percentage Positive Results0.54% 7-day running average of % of tests that have a positive result
Dutchess County Percentage Positive Results1.9% 7-day rolling average of Dutchess County percentage positive results (aka Infection Rate)
New York Forward Percentage Positive Results By County Dashboard
(Please select Dutchess County or scroll down to see the specific results)
Active Cases at Vassar
- Testing Strategy
- We required a pre-arrival negative COVID-19 PCR test result within 7 days of move-in; students were tested in the first two days of arrival, and then 5-7 days later, and again 14 days later. Periodicity of subsequent testing may be every two weeks or monthly, or more often, depending on campus and community epidemiologic data at that time.
- Lag Time
- Current lag time is generally 24 to 48 hours, with some exceptions of 72 hours.
- Test results reflect Vassar-administered diagnostic tests.
- “Cases” reflect anyone with a positive diagnostic test result.
- Active Cases
- “Active Cases” reflect students currently in isolation at Vassar with a positive diagnostic test result or an employee currently not reporting to work because of a positive diagnostic test result. "Active Cases Off Campus" excludes students studying remotely.
- Employee Count
- Employee count includes family members of employees living with them on campus.
Fall semester totals reflect the period of August 17, 2020 through January 31, 2021.