Open auditions! Seeking actors and musicians for two upcoming productions
Those auditioning for the musical should do both a monologue and a song. It may be the full song, but one verse. The Drama Department prerequisites will be waived for non-drama majors.
- The Second Annual Steerman New Play Festival, original plays by student writers, performances March 24–April 2, 2022
Organized by Peter Gil-Sheridan. Includes full productions (in repertory) of four student-written thesis plays by: Hileena Channell, Gabriella Kimbrough, Charlie Mangan, and Eric Murphy.
Directors: Ethan Clark ’23, Mila Fox ’23, Tom Pacio, and Shona Tucker.
16 Roles to be cast.
- Sunday in the Park with George by Stephen Sondheim, performances May 6–7, 2022
Produced in collaboration with the Music Department, Co-Directed by Christopher Grabowski and Drew Minter.
Thesis Members: Gregory Calidonna, Music Director; Amanda Montgomery, role of Dot; Angelique Rodriguez, Dramaturge and Ensemble.
14 Roles to be cast, opportunities for student musicians!
Those auditioning for the musical should do both a monologue and a song. It may be the full song, but one verse. The Drama Department course prerequisites will be waived for non-drama majors.
Time Table and Deadlines
- Friday November 5, 2021 by 11:59 p.m.: Deadline to submit a self-tape of contemporary monologue (for the STEERMAN FESTIVAL) and a song (if auditioning for SUNDAY IN THE PARK WITH GEORGE…)
The song submissions should be from contemporary musical theater, but not necessarily by Sondheim.
- Sunday November 7: Call Backs will be announced
- Monday November 8, 6 p.m.–10 p.m.: Call Backs, Locations TBA
- Monday November 8, 6–9 p.m.: Interviews for non-acting Production Assignments, Location TBA
- Friday November 12, 5 p.m.: Casting and Production Assignments posted on Call-Board (CDF)
If interested in auditioning, please fill out this audition form and submit a self-tape through the link by November 5, 11:59 p.m.
The drama department is assembling a packet of monologues if you need help identifying material for your audition, and if you need assistance musically, you may reach out to the Drama Dept Music Intern Chelsea Zak at firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have any questions, comments, or concerns, or hesitancy please reach out to someone in the Drama or Music Departments. If you are not sure who to contact, reach out to Production Management intern Jessie Marasco (email@example.com) and she will help you connect with the right person.