Annual Community Works Campaign Kicks Off November 1 to Provide Grants to 10 Local Nonprofits in 2019
President Bradley Writes About The Global Toll of Mental Illness in The Young in Her Article, “Young Adults and the Burden of Mental Illness”
- Sasha Velour ’09, winner of Ru Paul’s Drag Race, talks to Rolling Stone about the evolution of her gender-bending art form
- Poughkeepsie Journal taps Political Science Professor Richard Born for his thoughts on potential outcomes for local assembly races in Mid-Hudson Valley
- Director of Career Development Stacy Bingham quoted in Yahoo! Finance coverage of Vassar College partnership with GCSEN Foundation
- Professor Mita Choudhury dissects the Kavanaugh hearings in an interview with WAMC Radio’s 51% program
Academics & Faculty
Choose from 48 departments and programs, 51 majors, plus the Independent Program (interdisciplinary “design your own” major).
The Vassar faculty is a diverse community of scholars, artists, writers, scientists, musicians, and thinkers. Learn More about the faculty and their teaching and research interests.
- Admissions & Financial AidA Vassar education opens minds and doors.
- Average AID Award50.8K
- Varsity Teams 23
Vassar fields 23 varsity and 4 varsity club teams and is a member of the NCAA Division III and the Liberty League. Student‑athletes at Vassar are as committed to achieving excellence on the playing field as they are in the classroom. The Brewers routinely compete for conference championships and NCAA berths, and our student-athletes are well represented on All-American teams.
We at Vassar are committed to attracting, supporting, and retaining a strong and inclusive campus community. Learn More
There are over 1,000 campus-wide events annually. You will find arts-related events sponsored by the departments of Art, Music, Dance, Drama, and Film; exhibitions and events at the Frances Lehman Loeb Art Center, the Palmer Gallery, and the Archives and Special Collections Library; and summer performances at the Powerhouse Theater.