The Libraries are providing the following end of semester notifications and recommendations to students so that they can complete their work successfully while away from campus beginning November 20. We hope these tips are helpful to you as well, whether it is in planning your end of semester course assignments, supporting students, or preparing yourself for research and reading over the winter months.
You can visit the library website for more recommendations and announcements, but in summary:
If you are leaving campus:
- Check out the books that you will need for the remainder of the semester. For students: they will be due for return at the start of the spring semester.
- Request any materials through Interlibrary Loan no later than November 10, to allow enough time for the items to arrive at Vassar and for you to pick them up. Please note that you will still be responsible to return any ILL materials on time. The Library may be able to assist with mailing returns. More information will be available in November at the website listed above.
- Talk to a librarian to develop research strategies and identify sources for your final papers and projects.
When you’re off campus, you can still use the Library to:
- Connect to online journals, ebooks, databases, and other electronic resources.
- Request journal articles and book chapters.
- Get research help from a librarian by email, Zoom, or chat.
- Sign up for our new online newsletter
Between Saturday, November 21 and Friday, December 18:
- The Main Library will be open 8:30am–5:00pm Monday–Friday and 10:00am–5:00pm Saturday & Sunday (not counting the Thanksgiving holiday).
- The Music Library will be open 8:30am–5:00pm Monday–Friday and closed weekends.
After December 18th we will begin our regular winter break hours (8:30am–4:30pm M–F for the Main Library, 1pm–4pm M–F for the Music Library).
Good luck with the rest of the fall semester!
Marianne, on behalf of Andrew Ashton and the Vassar College Libraries