The following policies and more can be found in the Administrator Handbook.
- Nondiscrimination and Nonharassment
- Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action
- Reporting Improper or Unlawful Activities and Prohibition of Retaliation
- Conflict of Interest Policy for Trustees, Officers and Key Persons
- Americans with Disabilities Act
- Drug-Free Workplace
- Workplace Smoking
- Work Related Injuries (Workers’ Compensation)
- Family Medical Leave Act (FMLA) of 1993
- Employee Rights under the Family and Medical Leave Act
Contracts and Handbooks
- Administrator Handbook
- Collective Bargaining Agreement by and between Vassar College and the Communications Workers Of America
- Collective Bargaining Agreement by and between Vassar College and the Communications Workers Of America: Carpenters
- Hudson Valley Safety and Security Officer Contract
- Service Employees International Union (SEIU) Contract
Department Heads and Supervisors
Staff Performance Evaluation Guidelines:
- Provide the Planning Evaluation Worksheet or Planning Evaluation Worksheet to each staff employee. The employee should return the worksheet to you. Although the worksheet is optional, it may provide valuable input from the employee.
- Complete the Performance Evaluation Form or Performance Evaluation Form. As you review the employee, provide meaningful examples of the employee’s performance and relate it to the expectations of the job.
- In the Action Plan section, enter any concerns about the overall performance of the employee. The Action Plan is designed to assist you in monitoring progress in the areas rated as “fails to meet some requirements while meeting others” or “consistently fails to meet requirements”.
- In the Personal Development Plan section, identify goals for the development of job skills and describe how this is to be done in the next year. This part should be developed with the employee.
Completed forms should be returned to Human Resources, Box 712, in a sealed envelope.