Gabrielle H. Cody Professor of Drama on the Mary Riepma Ross '32 Chair
Gabrielle H. Cody is a Professor in the Department of Drama at Vassar College where she has taught since 1992. She received her MFA in Directing from the University of Minnesota, and a Doctorate in Dramaturgy and Dramatic Criticism from Yale University. She concentrates her areas of teaching in dramatic literature, theory, and criticism, and performance studies. Cody is the author of Impossible Performances: Duras As Dramatist (NYU, New Foundations), the editor of Hardcore From the Heart: Annie Sprinkle Solo (Continuum), and the co-editor of Re:Direction, A Theoretical and Practical Guide (Routledge). She is also the co-General Editor along with Evert Sprinchorn, of The Columbia Encyclopedia of Modern Drama, (Columbia University Press) and the editor of Reading Contemporary Performance: Theatricality Across Genres with Meiling Cheng.
- BA, Mount Holyoke College; MFA, Yale University; MFA, University of Minnesota; DFA, Yale University
- At Vassar since 1992
Departments and Programs
- DRAM 202. The Art of Theater Making
- DRAM 340. Seminar in Performance Studies: Artaud and His Legacy
- DRAM 390. Senior Project in Drama
- DRAM 391. Senior Production Laboratory
Download images for non-commercial use, photo credit required.