The GIS Lab at Vassar College
Geographic Information System or GIS is an organized collection of computer hardware, software, and geographic data that is designed to capture, store, update, manipulate, and display geographically referenced information.
Where is the GIS Lab?
The Lab is located in Ely Hall 114.
What does the GIS Lab have?
- 19 Lenovo Thinkstation computers, Windows operating system
- ESRI ArcGIS Desktop plus Spatial Analyst and 3D Analyst extensions
- Google Earth Pro
- Adobe Illustrator
- Adobe Photoshop
- Adobe Acrobat Professional
- Adobe InDesign
- Adobe Dreamweaver
- Adobe GoLive
- Stella 8.0
- Mathematica 5
- Compaq Visual Fortran 6
- KaleidaGraph 3.5
- MS Office
- Garmin GPS units
- Color laser printer and Black and white laser printer
- Computer projection with large screen
- Access to large format color printer on campus
- Mobile lab includes 6 Lenove ThinkPad Tablet PCs with ArcGIS and 6 Mac IPads
GIS Lab Guidelines
For more information about the GIS Lab, scheduling a class session, or using GIS in a course or research, contact the GIS Academic Computing Consultant at 437-7708 or email firstname.lastname@example.org