The career goals of Vassar students are as varied and diverse as the students themselves. To support the full range of their post-Vassar aspirations, Vassar provides extensive resources, including career counseling, graduate school advising and test preparation, and assistance in applying for grants and fellowships.
- 95% employed/in grad school or fellowship within six months of graduation
- 91% law school admit rate for Vassar grads
- 76% medical school admit rate for Vassar grads
The Career Development Office (CDO) assists students and alumnae/i in developing, evaluating, and actualizing career plans. The office believes career choices should be a reflection of one's interests, values, and skills. Understanding the connections among the three enables a person to find meaning in his or her life's work.
- Increasing self-awareness
- Exploring career options
- Integrating life and work planning
- Securing employment or further educational opportunities
- Locating internships, summer employment, full-time postgraduate opportunities
The Office for Fellowships and Pre-Health Advising works with students and alumnae/i seeking admission to:
- Schools in the health professions
- Fellowships to fund graduate education, independent study, and research
- Students receive individualized advising and guidance as well as support during the application process
Vassar graduates receive nationally competitive awards each year, including:
- Fulbright grants: Nine recent graduates and other young alumnae/i were awarded prestigious Fulbright Fellowships this year, once again making Vassar College a “top producer” of Fulbright recipients.
- Watson fellowships: Learn more
- Beinecke Scholarships: Learn more
- Luce Scholars award: Learn more
Vassar also awards more than $550,000 in fellowships for graduate study annually